It has come to my attention that the Brazilian Candidate for President, Marina Silva, may be against gay marriage. That would put me in direct conflict with her. As you know I have fought for marriage equality in my country and see it as a reflection of the quality of a candidate. I did not know this was her stand on this issue when I made the video supporting her. I only saw her debate where she said she supported gay marriage and have come to find out after the fact that her party has pulled her support of this issue. I can not, in good conscience, support a candidate who takes a hard right approach to issues such as Gay Marriage and Reproductive rights even if that candidate is willing to do the right thing on environmental issues.
I am not an expert on Brazilian politics but I can say that Women’s Rights, Gay Rights and Environmental Rights are all part in parcel to a kind of world view that I ascribe to. To have a world view that does not include all three of those positions makes it impossible for me to endorse a particular candidate.
I have to apologize for not doing a better job of vetting this decision. I apologize if I have let anyone down or made them feel somehow I had done an about face on those issues that I clearly have made an effort to confront and fight.
At this time it would be good to know definitively where Candidate Silva stands on these issues and in no uncertain terms. It is a little bit murky and unclear presently. Until that time, based on what I have been able to glean from the few posts here, and what is available on the internet, I am withdrawing my endorsement. I would ask that her campaign would not use my video endorsement until they either state their support for gay marriage and the reproductive rights of women or make it clear where they stand on these important issues. Short of that my support is null and void.
I apologize to the Silva campaign for not having a better handle on their policies and creating this inconvenience. I was disappointed to see her support for gay marriage be dropped by her party the day after she gave it in a speech. I ask that you honor my wishes in good faith.
And are we not created in his image?
everyone focuses on harry
but can we talk about
in remus’ face
for a minute
•wade is not a rapist
•wade is not a molester
•wade has been raped
•wade has been molested
•he would never in a million years force himself on Peter
•not even that little dub-con u guys love
•stop making him a rapist
•he’s a sweetheart with a bad past
•s t o p
Rule 1: Always post the rules
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, and write 11 new ones
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post
Rule 4: Actually tell them you tagged them
I got tagged by the cutie last-hell. Go take a look at their tumblr if you like anime, it’s pretty awesome.
1. You can have any mythological creature. Which do you want? Why? What’s its name?
A hippogriff with a stupid name, probably. Because I really love hippogriffs, even before Harry Potter. They’re really awesome and beautiful.
2. If you could chose one language to all Earth speak, which one would it be?
Well, shit man. No idea, I’m not good with languages.
3. What is your dream life like?
Living in a small and modest apartment or house full of things I like with a great girl who I have a romantic relationship with or a great boy who I have a platonic one. Working with what I love and not hating myself. Not being miserable. Having three dogs or more. Simple stuff, you know.
4. The craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Between dancing old brazilian songs in front of a public pool full of people that i didn’t know with my cousin because i thought i would be fun to embarass my mom and asking money to strangers in an anime convention to buy mangas and actually ending up with a good amount of money.
5. The first song that made you cry?
If you ignore my emo phase, “Dark Paradise” by Lana Del Rey because it reminds me of my otp.
6. What do you regret the most?
Trusting someone that I shouldn’t have.
7. What are you most proud of?
Not killing myself, my writing skill and learning english alone.
8. A message to the first person you were in love with?
9. If your life were a book or a movie, what would be the title?
"The Sad Life of A Useless Lesbian" or "Gay and Sad". Maybe "The Lesbian Who Cries A Lot". "Shit, I fucked up again!" is a good one too.
10. A secret you would like to take to the grave?
But if I want to take it to the grave why would I tell you
11. The person with the most beautiful smile you’ve ever seen?
If not my crush, then my friend Tuna, fish-of-hope! I mean, when I met him I couldn’t stop staring his smile.
1. Ever had a crush on a friend? What happened?
2. A character you would marry if you could.
3. Do you remember the first tumblr you followed? And the first post you reblogged?
3. A movie that you never get tired of watching.
4. Ever got in trouble with a teacher?
5. Quick. Three of your favorite characters are now in your room and you’re stuck there. How screwed are you?
6. You can only eat one type of food for the rest of your life (like cake, salad or pizza), which food would you choose?
7. For an entire day, no matter what you do, no law applies to you. What would you do?
8. Birds, Dogs, Horses, Cats or Dragons? You can only choose one.
9. Choose wisely. Would you prefer showing your internet history (doesn’t matter if you used the anonymous option or if you deleted it) to everyone you know or dance naked in front of your crush and family plus a bunch of strangers?
10. If you could be a superhero, but only if you had a really useless power, what would you choose and what would be your name?
11. A thing you always dreamed of saying/doing in real life.